BEAUTIFUL GOLDEN COLOUR
There is an amazing freshness and vitality that only authentic Extra Virgin Olive Oil can deliver. Our taste is robust yet light on the palate and lingers long after you’ve consumed it. Once you experience Hellenic Gift Extra Virgin Olive Oil as part of your everyday cooking, you will never accept an inferior Olive Oil again.
HOW CAN I USE THE OLIVE OIL?
Our Extra Virgin Olive Oil is ideal to drizzle over salads and vegetables, fantastic for dipping crusty bread and is perfect for marinating, frying and cooking. We recommend the following:
- Steamed or cooked vegetables
- Fresh salads
- Fish and meats
- Freshly cooked pasta before mixing it with your pasta sauce
- Meat, chicken and fish before grilling
- A delicious marinating blend of Olive Oil, lemon and oregano for Octopus or Calamari
- Pan frying fish fillets, chicken or meats
- Drizzle generously over roasted potatoes to obtain a lovely flavoursome crunch
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and a pinch of rock salt
WHAT IS THE ACIDITY LEVEL OF YOUR OLIVE OIL?
Our acidity level is as low as 0.2%. That ranks among the elite level of high-quality Extra Virgin Olive Oils.
Acidity levels are an important attribute in determining the quality of an Extra Virgin Olive Oil. You should taste a slight bitterness at the front of your mouth and also feel a slight burn in the back of your throat upon tasting the Oil, that is the taste of the polyphenols. Polyphenols are chemical compounds that contain anti-inflammatory & anti-oxidant properties. They are a true sign of the health benefits within a great Olive Oil.
THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET
CAN HG OLIVE OIL COOK AT HIGH HEAT?
Hellenic Gift Extra Virgin Olive Oil is suitable for all forms of cooking and is remarkably resistant to breaking down during high heat or frying. HG Extra Virgin Olive Oil retains many of its beneficial qualities during cooking and is resistant to oxidising.